Slovenian Union Catalogue (COBISS+)
All OHK FF departmental libraries are virtually joined as one local library catalogue included in the Union Bibliographic/Catalogue Database (COBIB) on COBISS.SI (Co-operative Online Bibliographic System & Services). COBISS+ allows users to search in shared bibliographic databases (COBIB) as well as in local databases of participating libraries (OHK FF).
Classical Card Catalogues
Card catalogues (alphabetical, subject, UDC) are mainly in use for searching for the materials not yet retrospectively catalogued in COBISS.
Being a member of the University of Ljubljana Library System, OHK FF can provide access to several licenced and open access sources for its users, the most important ones being:
- DiKUL (Digital Library of UL) enables access to electronic journals and to electronic books as well as to databased of the most important publishers. Direct access from public computers at all locations of the UL, remote access with a password for UL students and employees, and
- Digital Library of Slovenia (dLib.si) – free access web library of written Slovene cultural treasures, of specimens kept in the National and University Library and other Slovene libraries and of current expert articles. Collections consist of texts, photos and multimedia.
OHK FF Digital Library organizes and offers access to electronic resources for all fields of study covered at FFLJ.
Internet access is available on public PCs in libraries and halls at the faculty. Access to the EDUROAM wireless internet network is available to all FF students and staff members.
New Acquisitions Bulletin
A list of publications newly acquired by all departmental libraries is issued every month in electronic version, available on the OHK FF website (Knjižnične novosti). (in Slovenian)
User Education and Training, Information Services
Departmental libraries offer various courses, presentations, workshops and individual assistance on the use of the libraries and their resources. Subject librarians and information specialists in individual libraries are available to library members for assistance on a daily basis.
OHK FF holds an extensive collection of approx. 760,000 volumes, 113,000 visitors a year borrow about 266,000 units.
- Books: monographs, textbooks, proceedings, research projects, seminar works and undergraduate, masters and doctoral theses, etc. (approx. 666,000 units).
- Slovene and foreign periodicals - about 9.870 current titles (1.733 print only, 8.039 online only, 98 print + online).
- Special collections of non-book materials: map and pictorial collections, AV and music collections (about 97,000 units).
Library stocks are mainly registered in COBISS+; the rest is listed in various card catalogues in every departmental library.
Some of the departmental libraries are closed access libraries, others have at least partial free access.
Most library materials have a label with a barcode and a shelfmark - a code of numbers and words indicating what subject the item covers and where it is shelved.