Lecturer(s): asist. Stefanovski Sašo, prof. dr. Stepišnik Uroš
• Definition of the theoretical and methodological bases of the study of the geodiversity.
• Review the basics of geodiversity:
- Geological features (rocks, minerals, fossils),
- Morphological elements (geomorphic processes, forms and systems),
- Hydrogeographical elements (different types of water, hydrological processes)
- Pedological elements (pedogenetic processes pedogenetic factors, soil types).
• Evaluation of the geodiversity:
- Cultural and historical significance,
- Aesthetic value,
- Economic importance,
- The functional value,
- Scientific and educational importance.
• Threats to geodiversity:
- Due to human intervention in nature
- Due to natural geomorphic processes,
- Threats due to climate change,
- A common effect of threat and destruction, and detection of changes.
• Protection of geodiversity:
- History of the protection of geodiversity,
- Protected areas and legislation on the protection of nature,
- Protected areas on the basis of the evaluation of the geodiversity,
- The issue of protection of geographical diversity of karst areas.
• A comparison and integration of geographic and biological diversity.
• Awareness and education on geographic diversity.