Applicants to first-cycle undergraduate study programmes must submit the application for enrolment via the eVŠ portal within the deadline specified in the call for enrolment. Call for enrolment in first-cycle undergraduate study programmes in the academic year 2022/2023 is published here (only available in Slovene).
Instructions on how to fill in the application can be found here.
The call for enrolment in first-cycle undergraduate study programmes is published annually, usually in February for the following academic year.
More information can be found here:
All students pay an enrolment fee for each additional academic year of study, which may vary depending on the academic year.
The tuition fee for academic year is 3,000 EUR. Students can pay the tuition fee in lump sum or in instalments.
The tuition fee is charged to:
- all part-time students;
- full time students;
who have previously obtained equivalent level of education (i.e. first-cycle),
who wish to change the study programme and have previously repeated the year or changed the study programme at the first-cycle studies,
who are nationals of non-EU countries, and of countries with which there is no bilateral agreement between the countries, on omitting the fees.
The fees are published in the price list of the faculty.
The number of applications, limitations and enrolment slots is available here.
Candidates applying for first-cycle undergraduate study programmes should prove that they meet the enrolment conditions according to the Higher Education Act as well as other admission criteria, according to the chosen study programme.
In the case of limited access, applications will be assessed based on selection criteria specific to the study programme for which the candidates have applied to.
Enrolment conditions and selection criteria (in case of restricted access) are available in the presentation brochures as well as in the call for enrolment that is available here.
- In the first application period, candidates of EU member states & Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship must electronically submit their application via eVŠ portal from February 15 to March 18, 2022.
- In the second application period, candidates of EU member states & Slovenians without Slovenian citizenship (candidates may apply only for those programmes where there are remaining free places) must electronically submit their application via eVŠ portal from August 19 to August 23, 2022.
- Citizens of Non-EU countries apply for enrolment places published in the tables with enrolment places for citizens of non- EU member states. The first application period for these candidates runs from February 15 to April 20, 2022, the deadline for the attachments to the application is April 20, 2022, for candidates who already have a final certificate and until August 1, 2022 for candidates for whom a certificate will be issued in 2022. The last day for electronic submission of applications via eVŠ portal is April 20, 2022.The second application period runs from September 5 to September 6, 2022, the last day for electronic submission of applications via eVŠ portal is September 6, 2022.
- Application period for still-available enrolment places (part-time study) is from September 22 to September 23, 2022.
Candidates must submit applications for enrolment in the electronic application (eVŠ portal).
Attachments to the application for enrolment may be submitted by the candidate at the same time as the application for enrolment, or later, but no later than the deadline specified in the application for enrolment. Candidates should pay attention to the last day for the electronic submission of attachments to the application for enrolment, as after this date the submission of attachments is no longer possible.
For any support in filling in the application form, please contact:
Assistance with entering the application for enrolment - SI-PASS system:
Phone: 00 386 1 478 85 90 (from 8:00 AM until 22:00 PM CET during working days).
Application for enrolment in the first year of studies
Candidates should submit their applications to the call for enrolment into 1st year of studies by the deadlines in the call for enrolment if they want to enrol into 1st year or change their programme/course.
Application for enrolment in the higher year of studies
Application for enrolment in the higher year of studies is meant for:
- Candidates who are already students of Faculty of Arts and fullfil the criteria for enrolment into higher year of the new study programme/course (have obtained the required number of ECTS for enrolment into higher year of new programme/course)
- Other candidates, who have already passed some study obligations in other study programme in Slovenia or abroad (have obtained the required number of ECTS for enrolment into higher year of new programme/course), and wish to continue/finish their studies at the Faculty of Arts
Candidates who wish to apply for enrolment into higher year of studies, should contact the Adminitrative Office Undergraduate Programmes for more information.
Information day for first-cycle undergraduate study programmes of the Faculty of Arts is published in the annual call for enrolment and takes place on Friday and Saturday (expected around February 14). The schedule of presentations for individual study programmes is published on the faculty website. Students are also invited to attend the general presentation, which provides detailed information on the procedures related to the application for enrolment.
According to the Assessment and Recognition of Education Act, candidates, holders of foreign qualifications (certificates obtained outside the Republic of Slovenia), who wish to enrol in undergraduate (first-cycle) study programmes of the Faculty of Arts, must fulfil of the enrolment conditions by the decision on the recognition of foreign education.
Candidates with foreign qualifications are considered to have applied for the recognition of their entry qualifications with the application form with which they have applied on the eVŠ portal.
The following documents for recognition of foreign education are required:
1. Original of the final (upper secondary school) certificate(s) legalized according to the system of legalization in the country of issue, legalised based on:
- The 1961 Hague Convention (at the court with territorial jurisdiction where the certificate or diploma has been issued); with properly filled in apostille form affixed or
- The Authentication of Documents in International Traffic Act.
Countries for which no legalization is required:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina,
- Cyprus (for documents issued by public higher education institutions and universities),
- Czech Republic,
- Republic of Macedonia,
2. Photocopy of the original certificate(s) referred to in No. 1.
3. Certified Slovene or English translation of the certificate(s) referred to in No. 1 (not necessary for certificate(s) in Croatian, Bosnian, Montenegrin, and Serbian - if issued in Latin alphabet).
4. Annual report cards, transcripts, a diploma supplement or some other evidence on the contents and duration of education.
5. Certified Slovene or English translation of the certificate(s) referred to in No. 4 (not necessary for certificate(s) in Croatian, Bosnian, Montenegrin, and Serbian - if issued in Latin alphabet).
6. Short chronological description of the entire education (statement by the applicant).
Parallel study is study following separate programmes of the University.
First-cycle students may enrol in parallel study after having successfully completed the first year of the first-cycle studies. The application to another parallel study programme is also possible after successful completion of higher year of studies, but at the latest upon enrolment in the final year of the first study programme.
Student has to send the following supporting documents:
- certificate of enrolment in a higher year of the first study programme;
- a copy of general Matura certificate or vocational Matura certificate with the notification of the passed appropriate general Matura examination (fifth subject). Candidates for enrolment in parallel studies submit the application for parallel studies within the deadline specified in the annual call for enrolment (expected from September 1 to September 17) via an electronic application on the on the eVŠ portal.
If the number of candidates for parallel enrolment exceeds the number of available places for parallel study, candidates will be selected based on the criteria as stated in the call for enrolment.
Enrolment in combined study programmes or courses is not considered parallel study.
Study of graduates
Graduates can also apply for undergraduate studies (first cycle) for enrolment, either:
- on the avaialble places for full-time or part- time studies in the manner and within the deadlines referred to in point I of the Call for enrolment, where they are applying with a secondary school.
In accordance with Article 77 of the Higher Education Act, tuition fee payment is provided for studies at these enrolment places, regardless of whether they are full-time or part-time studies.
During their first year at the University of Ljubljana, international students may attend the so-called Year Plus, in which they can learn Slovene. Year Plus is designed to help international students to adapt to the Slovenian system and culture in their first year of study in Slovenia.
More information regarding conditions and how and when to apply is available here.